The different types of content for your business may vary in the tone of voice and messaging for example you may have various sections of the site such as:
Different Types of Content for your Brand and company
PR articles and guest posts
12 Important factors to remember when planning and writing your content
Factors to bear in mind, remember, consider, and use (how many times do I need to say it) when writing content on a topic
1. People remember things because of HOW it made them feel when it happened. No matter how significant the moment was.
Thus it’s not the action which stuck in their minds but the emotion created within them when experiencing the moment.
That is good story telling and that’s your responsibility to portray within your writing no matter how finance boring the topic is…
If you can portray that emotion in your writing, that’s what makes you a good writer.
If you can get that emotion whether it be an insight, help in understanding, answering a question they had, you have touched that emotion and thereby connected the brand to that emotion.
2. Remember, people buy with emotions and then they justify the purchase with logic.
3. How to get there:
Provide foresight / insights to what about to follow whether it be the next step in the journey or what happens after the registration,
or what they should expect form the webinar, seminar, downloading the app ect.
4. Try understand what they thinking, what is expected based on the keyword which they search which got them there initially
(The keyword is in the title or H1) other keywords are just variants of the primary keyword.
Since they have that keyword in mind they have questions which need answering, naturally the other related keywords like How …?, why….?, X vs Y comparisons
should be featured in the context of the article
In most cases I will provide these keywords and placed in headings which required supporting text, but it’s your responsibility to answer the user’s intent.
Look at what the competitors are writing about they the easiest and laziest form of keyword research but this does require tact.
5. Provide in depth insights to the topic, “think:narrow and deep” (that’s how you get to diamonds we all want diamonds ),
This should clarify the questions the user wanted answered.
6. The user requires guidelines, hence (Provide foresight), The user usually doesn’t know what they want until they make a decision,
so this is the perfect opportunity to guiding them to the CTA of the article (our intent) or a link to an other page which will provide them with further value to take them to a page with our intent a CTA.
7. There is the here and now and the uncertain distant future. Your responsibility to lead them there to a clearer future which they want.
To do that you need to put yourself in their shoes and help them picture themselves in that desired future, hence the importance of storytelling.
8. Remember rationalising is not always rational as people justify the actions they take, whether its right or wrong.
9. Goal setting you need to comply to the user’s intent based on the need and behaviour.
Think of how the user got to the page and feed that curiosity with insights, value and emotion to drive them to the desired action.
10. That user which has taken the desired action should be considered a loyal/lifetime customer which expects consistent value from the brand to enhance their trust with the brand.
and a customer which will make greater investments with the brand.
11. Besides the larger investments with the company we should also strive for creating a customer evangelist. Evangelism marketing the next step in brand marketing and loyalty
Fun facts from https://contentstrategycourse.com/masterclass-offer/
1. Websites with blogs get 434% more indexed pages http://www.techclient.com/blogging-statistics/
2. B2B comapanies that blog generate 67% more leads per month than those who dont
3. Blogging increase the the chance of more internal links by 97% (Hubspot)
4. 61% US consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog.
5. After 21-54 posts traffic increases up to 30%
6. This increase the quality of leads via SEO content which have a 14.6% close rate vs the alternative methods such as cold calling, direct mail, paid ads which have a 1.7% close rate.